Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fencing Armor Update

Well, its mostly complete and I've now worn it at two successive events, NRWC and GNEW.

I'm really liking how it looks and feels as I was a little worried that I would find it to restrictive, even though I constructed it so it wouldn't be. There' a couple of spots where the stitching needs repair because I did a bad job to start with but other than that it's holding up very well, as I'm not the daintiest of fencers!

Its been designed as a (modified) dress. The best thing about this is that it involves and undershirt which can be washed after every stinky practice and event. I've thrown together a very rough shirt for the time being but I need to look at shirt patterns, specifically bag-sleeves, because I'm not completely happy with this first iteration of it. However, it will work just fine for now.

The next step in my process is to just repair the stitching then try and get the neck area done for Pennsic.

No comments:

Post a Comment