Thursday, June 2, 2011

Project Fencing Armor

YAY! My nice new red linen arrived.

I decided back around the time of K&Q Fencing Champions (Jan / Feb?) that I really wasn't happy with my current armor. There's nothing really "wrong" with it, I just don't like it. It kinda just hangs like a sack and the sleeves are annoying me.

SO ... I have two pictures I'm going to be using for inspiration. Both can be found online at the Hope Greenberg site and they're actually part of the collection of  images I used while working on my red 15th/16th century Court dress that I've worn in the past.

This image probably shows the upper detailing a little better than the other one. The dress is going to be in red and will detail the square neckline and short sleeves as shown, it will also be just past knee-length so that I don't trip! The sleeve-ends and skirt bottom with be trimmed in black, similar to my current fencing armor.

However, because it's to be used for fencing I'll need to make sure that none of my skin is exposed at the neckline. This means that where you see the exposed throat in this image I will actually extend the black all the way up so that I still give the impression of the under-dress but that so it is list legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment