Friday, July 15, 2011

New Art / Photography Project

I'm finally realizing the benefits of having one of these "smart phone" contraptions. I always resisted buying one because for how little I use a cell phone I couldn't justify paying not only the cost of the phone but also the obscene rates that the phone carriers charge each month. I've been on a "pay-as-you-go" type plan for ages now but even that was starting to look like I wasn't getting my money's-worth as I was still over paying for not using it. I was with AT&T at the time, which by the way SUCKS.

I was roaming around one day when I suddenly discovered that Virgin Mobile actually has a presence in this country. DOH! Yes I know, late to the party and all that. Anyway, one carrier switch and smart phone later I'm all tech-ed up.

The beauty of this is that I can now (like the rest of the world) roam around taking random photo's and videos on the spur of the moment. Because of this I've decided to create an ongoing photography project for myself called "LIFE: Ruled by Signs, Logos & Words". The premise is that I can only take photo's of my daily life if they include signs, logos or words, since these are the things that constant but often taken for granted or overlooked. Initially they can be seen in their own Picasa album and on their Google+ photo page until I can best figure out how / where to display them in the way I want them to be seen.


Some day's there might be LOTS and other day there might be none, it just all depends on what inspires me and say "this is part of who I am". I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and here's my current favourite photo of the past couple of days...



No comments:

Post a Comment