Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Slacking Off

It would appear that I've been slacking off pretty badly with regards keeping my scribal pages up-to-date. Granted, there hasn't been that much off it due to other commitments but still! So here is what I've been up too over the past few months:

Blades & Blarney: The Resurrection / "Best Blarney" Winner
I forgot to take a photo of this piece, although the recipient has said she'll oblige me.


Sean of Carillion / Award of Arms - LINK



Aoife inghean Conchobair / Order of the Sapphire - LINK
"No shit there I was..." sitting in Baronial Court, at this years War of the Roses when my dear friend Aoife got called up to receive an award. I was so excited for her because she works so very hard and deserves every recognition she gets. I was actually stunned to see that it was a work that I had produced!

Now, this work has a little history to it. A year ago I made my entry into the East Kingdom scribal circle by producing the backlog Silver Crescent for Lylie of Penhil as part of a larger deception that ended with her being inducted into the Order of the Pelican. My inspiration for that piece came from a 14th century English Psalter residing in the Huntington Library Collection and I actually produced a number of practice blanks during the prep. stage. This was one of them. It was actually my favourite as I always thought the dragon head was fun and whimsical.


Sir Yoshi / Order of the Diamond - LINK
I was really pleased to receive this particular assignment, even more-so after reading the words His Excellency, Baron Pierre wrote for this award (see below). The words are so very apt for Sir Yoshi and I remember feeling amazed that he hadn't already received this award.


No comments:

Post a Comment