Thursday, June 16, 2011

Operation "New Kitchen": Fancy Treads

Cabinets were delivered yesterday and I had the guy play garage tetras with them. They all fit though and are now stacked nicely awaiting installation.

Last night was devoted to laying the floor. When we moved in, back in 2004, we bought a Pergo floor for the entire ground floor, even the kitchen. We laid the flooring throughout the rest of the ground floor but the packets of boards for the kitchen have been upstairs in the attic gathering dust ever since then.


Having the flooring in has started to tone down the minty-fresh green on the walls which I'm happy to see. There are a few spots that need a little touching up but that can wait until the cabinets are in.

I got up this morning, bleary-eyed, craving granola and coffee (both of which I had to wait until I got to work for) to find the hubby marking out stud lines and measuring out cabinet placement. He was also tormenting the poor cat with the laser-level >.>


Hubby's back was starting to get a bit "GRRRRRRR" last night, so hopefully it'll calm down again and we can hang at least the wall cabinets tonight. I have to admit that I've gotten to the point where I'm feeling very claustrophobic at home because there is so much displaced crap everywhere, it all just seems so very dirty and grimy.

And if you're interested in seeing the photograph's of our progress...
Operation "New Kitchen"

No comments:

Post a Comment